Have numb lip and red cheek. Cured after using prednisolone. Started reoccurring. Effective cure?

General Surgeon
I have had a problem with chapped lips, specifically a kind of numbness in my upper lip...and redness on my upper cheek. I stopped using the cleanser I thought was the culprit and went on a 4mg prednisone pack, which cleared it up. Now it seems to be coming back...ugh. ???
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 12 hours later
You probably got mild infection of hair follicle on your face or you are allergic to something.It can be prednisolone without consultation as it is a steroid.
Next time,you use antibiotic like Amoxycillin with clavulanate,antihistamine.
If the problem is recurring regularly,please consult a Dermatologist when the lesions appear.
Wish you good health