Ask a Urologist   »  

Have noticed pink urine, headache and fatigue with stomach ache. Had kidney stones. Suggest?

Hi, I just noticed I have pink urine. I also woke up with a big head ache this morning. I have had a general feeling of fatigue all day. Also i had a big belly ache for a short time last nite. I have had one occurrence of kidney stones previously.
I forgot to mention previously that i woke up with extreme dry mouth this morning. I have been having dry mouth in the morning for several months now.
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 18 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your symptoms are concerning for a possible Sometimes with urinary tract infections the bladder wall can become inflamed. When this happens it can cause some bleeding and this will cause a change in color of urine

This might explain the pink color of urine you have noticed.

Regarding your fatigue this might be related to a possible urinary tract infection. Otherwise I think it would be important that you discuss your symptoms with your primary care doctor. It is also possible that you might be dealing with some dehydration.

i think a visit to your doctor would be a good idea. A quick urinalysis can tell you if you have a bladder infection or urinary tract infection. Your doctor can then easily treat this with a good antibiotic. This might help you feel better very quickly.

Also your doctor can perform quick laboratory testing to see if there's anything else going on such as dehydration.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga