Have not had menopause, feel to be pre-menopausal. On birth control. Feet are swollen and overweight. Suggest?

Hi Dr. Grief, I am a 54 yr old woman, have not had menopause yet but feel I am pre-menopausal.
I am still on birth control thru the end of the year. I have noticed since my last period 2 wks ago, my feet are constantly swollen. Even when I get out of bed. Is this a possible symptom of menopause or indicator of something else?
I have excellent blood pressure but I am overweight. Thanks
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 13 minutes later
Swollen feet are not indicator of menopause.
This problem can be due to high blood pressure, anemia & hypoproteinemia.
As your high blood pressure is ruled out.
Get investigated for haemoglobin & serum protein.
As you are overweight & on birth control pills for a long time though it is rare but there can be possibility of deep vein thrombosis.
So consult your physician for further evaluation.
I hope your query has been answered.
I will be available for your further queries.