Have not got periods and pregnancy test negative. Given deviry, but still no periods. Suggest?

Question
its been two months i did not get my periods and pregnancy report says negative i went to a doctor she prescribed deviry i took 6 tablets for 3 days its been 4 days i copleted the course still no periods what cah be the possible reason and what is the solution
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 38 minutes later
Hi XXXXX, thanks for your query.

Deviry is a progresterone tablet. It will cause bleeding after stopping only in estrogen primed endometrium. It means bleeding will occur only if you have enough estrogen reserve and your endometrium ( lining of uterine cavity) is healthy.

Usually bleeding occurs in three to seven days after stopping of deviry. But one should wait for at least 10 days before taking any further step.

In my opinion, you should wait for at least a few more days before doing anything else. If bleeding does not occur even after that, then you will have to take low dose combined estrogen and progesterone pills after prescription from your doctor.

Hope this helps.
For any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have not got periods and pregnancy test negative. Given deviry, but still no periods. Suggest? 1 hour later
but what can be the reasons is there any possibility of cycst i have taken both blood and urine test to confirm the pregnancy report can there be any chances
i have recently got married in the month of feb so and from last two months my husband is not there with me so can any thing like such can effect

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 27 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

thanks for asking your doubts.

As per your history, chances of pregnancy even after a negative blood test are negligible. There can be a possibility of multiple cysts in your ovaries( polycystic ovaries) which can be diagnosed by ultrasound and blood test(serum LH & FSH levels).

In my opinion, not being with husband can't cause any menstrual problem. It can be due to some stress or polycystic ovaries. There can be some other hormonal disturbance or some pathology in uterine lining.

In my opinion,you should wait for withdrawal bleeding and get few investigations done(complete blood profile, thyroid profile, blood glucose, serum LH& FSH,mantoux and ultrasonography of uterus and adnexa).According to reports, we can plan your further management.

Hope this helps.
For any further queries you can reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW