Have normal bp, pain in shoulder and collarbone. Feels like swallowed air. What wrong?

It feels like I swallowed air. My blood pressure is normal , my shoulders and my collarbone ache .
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 3 hours later

The sensation of XXXXXXX swallowed air or dyspnea (difficulty in breathing) warrants an in depth investigation because dyspnea could be as a result of severe conditions as well as potentially progressive conditions. Dyspnea results from affections of the lungs and heart such as chest infection, pneumothorax, heart or respiratory failure etc. However, shoulder and neck pain could result from conditions such as trauma, muscle strain, nerve irritation which could as well explain the feeling of XXXXXXX swallowed air rather than you having real dyspnea.

As such to fully understand what the problem is, a complete physical evaluation by a doctor and laboratory exams such as chest x-rays, full blood count, ESR etc would be needed. Thus it will be advisable to see a doctor for a consult.

If you do have further clarifications I will be ready to help.

Best regards,