Have normal alt of 29 and high ast of 71. Is it possible to lower this to below 40 in five days?
User rating for this question
I have a normal alt of 29 and a high ast of 71, is it possible to lower this to below 40 in five days?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 54 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
I would like to know some more details about your laboratory results to answer your query better.
1. Were these detected on a routine exam? Or had you been sick prior to getting these tests?
2. Are you on any medications which may include over the counter drugs?
3. Are you a steady drinker of alcoholic drinks?
4. Are you over weight or a diabetic?
All these parameter have an impact on your test results. If only AST is high and a normal ALT, this could be a normal variation. I would be more concerned if the ALT was high.
I want you to answer the questions and I would be happy to reply. So do get back to me with the aforementioned information.
Awaiting your reply
People also viewed
- Normal ast and alt but high bilirubin
- Ringing in ear dizziness on moving head remedy
- Liver disease and cholesterol
- Newborn with underweight what are the precautions to be taken
- Missed periods mild bleeding frequent urination headache back ache pregnant
- Vitamin k liver disease
- Post hepatitis c treatment
- Best liver cleanse product
- Trying to conceive taking pregnacare frequent menstruation due to pregnacare
- High alt levels but alt < ast
- Ggt is high normal alt normal ast
- Pain in the shoulder blade and heart itchy breasts reason
- High alt ast then lower after chemo
- Post transplant high bilirubin and normal alt ast
- Early symptoms liver failure