Have normal alt of 29 and high ast of 71. Is it possible to lower this to below 40 in five days?
User rating for this question
I have a normal alt of 29 and a high ast of 71, is it possible to lower this to below 40 in five days?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 54 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
I would like to know some more details about your laboratory results to answer your query better.
1. Were these detected on a routine exam? Or had you been sick prior to getting these tests?
2. Are you on any medications which may include over the counter drugs?
3. Are you a steady drinker of alcoholic drinks?
4. Are you over weight or a diabetic?
All these parameter have an impact on your test results. If only AST is high and a normal ALT, this could be a normal variation. I would be more concerned if the ALT was high.
I want you to answer the questions and I would be happy to reply. So do get back to me with the aforementioned information.
Awaiting your reply
People also viewed
- What are the effects of lactogen milk powder feeding
- Normal ast and alt but high bilirubin
- Side effects tamoxifen gums
- Hydrocele effects sexual power
- Foods to avoid for healthy liver
- High alt levels but alt < ast
- Ggt is high normal alt normal ast
- What to avoid with a enlarged liver
- Effect of lycopene on hairfall
- High alt ast then lower after chemo
- Foods to avoid with enlarged liver
- Esophageal varices foods to avoid
- Post transplant high bilirubin and normal alt ast
- Meftal spas side effects infants
- Food to avoid when jaundice liver