Have normal alt of 29 and high ast of 71. Is it possible to lower this to below 40 in five days?

I have a normal alt of 29 and a high ast of 71, is it possible to lower this to below 40 in five days?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 54 minutes later

I would like to know some more details about your laboratory results to answer your query better.

1. Were these detected on a routine exam? Or had you been sick prior to getting these tests?
2. Are you on any medications which may include over the counter drugs?
3. Are you a steady drinker of alcoholic drinks?
4. Are you over weight or a diabetic?

All these parameter have an impact on your test results. If only AST is high and a normal ALT, this could be a normal variation. I would be more concerned if the ALT was high.

I want you to answer the questions and I would be happy to reply. So do get back to me with the aforementioned information.

Awaiting your reply