Have normal BP and high pulse rate. Feeling breathless and dizzy. Is this a cause for concern?

My blood pressure is normal (120/79) but my pulse is 122. I feel breathless and dizzy. Is there cause for concern?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 16 minutes later

Yes, this should arise concern.One can get such high pulse in tachycardia or palpitations.I would suggest you to see doctor sooner.There can be many underlying causes for such raised pulse, so investigations are needed.Doctor might want to get baseline investigations like EKG and 2Decho done.And if needed doctor might want to get 24 hr EKG monitoring test done as well.

After investigations doctor would put you on appropriate treatment.Some cases might need long term treatment. Meanwhile he would put you on some heart calming medications.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: Have normal BP and high pulse rate. Feeling breathless and dizzy. Is this a cause for concern? 3 minutes later
Should I go to an urgent care clinic or emergency department tonight, or is this more of a minor anomaly that I can call my cardiologist about tomorrow? (It is 10:40pm now.)
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 5 minutes later
With breathlessness and high pulse I would suggest ER visit, even if it turns out precautionary later.