Have normal BP. Getting strange feeling in head. No ear pain or dizziness. Any thoughts?

48 year old woman in generally good health. I sometimes get a funny feeling in my head (temples) - that kind of a feeling you get when you yawn but I'm not yawning when it happens. It happens randomly (not when I just stand up) but frequently -- maybe 5 - 10 times per day. My blood pressure is normal but I do sometimes have sleep issues (my doctor just recently referred me to sleep clinic). I have no pain in my ears, not issues with balance or dizziness. Thoughts?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

The feelings that you have described are commonly seen in people with sleep deprivation. How ever in order to rule out any organic neurological problem, you need a clinical evaluation by a neurologist. His clinical assessment will tell us if brain scans are necessary to exclude other possibilities in this condition. How ever, in the absence of other neurological complaints, I think that you will improve with the management of insomnia it self.

Hope this helps
Please get back to me in case you have any other concern
Best wishes