Ask a Homeopath   »  

Have nightmares, insomnia and anxiety. Taking homeopathy medicine. Safe to have chamomile tea?

Currently I am undergoing symptoms of Insomnia and high Anxiety. The anxiety is affecting the daily life, by creating loss of interest in activities I used to do with more energy and passion and I feel to avoid some things. Creating symptoms of doubt and anxiety while alone or going out in a crowded bus or mall as in anxiety disorder. But I am not avoiding them. Extreme restlessness during day time and idleness is creating negative thoughts about future and bringing my spirits and confidence down. Insomnia due to nightmares, recurring thoughts. Currently I am undergoing homeopathy medication, which I have listed below. Its been two weeks. My homeopath has suggested a month for complete recovery and confidence. I am doing yoga, meditation and exercise. Anxiety levels are still not completely down. Sometimes the thoughts are frightening. Pls provide your opinion. Also Is it safe to have chamomile tea while taking the below medications?
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I would like to know a little more about your problem:
1.     Do you feel any palpitations ?
2.     Is there any History of emotional stress or shock?
3.     Is there a family history of high blood pressure?
4.     What do you do professionally?
I have gone through all the detail you have provided its seems to be a case of depression but it need further investigation. I would suggest you to have regular blood pressure check up.
It can be treated with a regular use of medicine and routine life. Its good that you are doing Yoga and exercise.
You can start with following medicine
1 Gelsimium 200 , 6 pills OD Empty stomach
2 Cactus Grandiflorus Q 10 drop TDS with half cup of water
3 Aurum Met 6C/30C (Dilution) 5 drop BD
4 Pasiiflora incarnata Q 25 Drops with half cup of water before sleeping OD
You have to continue the medicine 2-3 month for complete cure medicine may be change according to progress.
You have to follow strict daily routine. Instead of tea, try coffee its better for you. Take a proper diet and sleep in time. Also avoid fatty food.
Definitely you will feel change once you start with these medicines.
Let me know if you have any more concerns.
Follow-up: Have nightmares, insomnia and anxiety. Taking homeopathy medicine. Safe to have chamomile tea? 1 hour later
1. Do you feel any palpitations ?

I had a panic attack a month before. I had felt palpitation then. Sometimes, when the sleep goes off and the anxiety levels are high, I feel increased heartbeat.

2. Is there any History of emotional stress or shock?

I had personally underwent a series of unexpected events two months back. They brought the trauma on me.

3. Is there a family history of high blood pressure?

My mother has her BP high sometimes.

4. What do you do professionally?

I'm handling Logistics and Finance team of a Pvt co.

Doctor, I would also inform you once my homeopath at hometown suggests me the medicines this saturday, as I was told a medication for anxiety.

I will get a consultation done. Will let you know of my improvements.

Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 10 hours later
Hello and thanks again,

After going through all the details of your past history, I suggest you to carry on with the above mentioned treatment. They will work for you.

Just let me know about the improvements and how you do after taking the medicines at least for a month.

Yes, please inform me what your hometown doctor suggests so that I would be able to guide you further.