Have nexplanon implant. Prescribed augmentin for an ear infection. Should I take any birth control?

I have the nexplanon implant, and I was proscribed augmentin for an ear infection. Do I need to use back up birth control?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Taking augmentin only for 5-7 days for an ear infection usually does not affect the efficacy of the nexplanon implant. Any back up birth control is not required.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.