Have never tested positive for drugs but can doctors put that in chart and share with new doctor?

Feb 2013

Switching Dr I had my chart faxed to new Dr. I have never tested positive for drugs but if they assumed can they put that in chart and share with new dr
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 35 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

As you have never been tested positive for drugs, there is no chance of putting it in the chart and sharing with the new doctor.

Medical records contain the history of your complaints, doctor findings, and investigation reports.

Without a documentary evidence of a positive drug test on the test results or documenting a positive history of drug intake in your medical reports, they can't assume and share information.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.