Have nerve damage to disk area. Having pain in testicular and groin area. What is going on?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hello Dr. K,
I have somewhat of usually situation. Scheduled to see a few Neurologist today with MRI to look at nerve damage to disk area that is giving me referring pain to testicular area and lower groin. Believe to be pinched nerve. Then I found this information fairly accurate of what is going on with me. WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 54 minutes later
Dear Friend,

Isolated Disc disease never causes radiating pain to groin or testicular region.

Testicular pain are associated testicular torsion, renal stones or hernia and not with disc disease per se. Therefore it would be very informative if you could send me the MRI images.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available to answer any other queries that you may have.

Dr Vineet
Follow-up: Have nerve damage to disk area. Having pain in testicular and groin area. What is going on? 10 hours later
Ok looks like there is a 2mb limit so I am going to try and figure this out and get these over to you. Realize stall images are probably not good enough. The software is over 96MB. So I have uploaded this to my dropbox server.

Here is the link to review the pictures.

Please let me know. Also take a few screenshots perhaps this might help as well. I am on Gabipatien (spelling??) from Neurologist today. Seems or sounds like a nerve from back radiated to testicles from what he thinks but MRI will show details.
If the link does not work try this one.

I do not have torsion or any issues with testicles as they have completed a CT scan and blood flow is good. The interesting issue is the pain travels left to right testicle and down left leg. I can hardly walk has I have pain in the leg and had fluid build up. They checked this week was not a blood clot. Thanks goodness. Taking Gabipatien (spelling?) Any other ideas on this? Also wondering about pelvic floor issue perhaps or nerves that run to the scrotum?
Found this information to be of interest.
"My therapist says there is a nerve
at T12 that runs to the testicle XXXXXX Also read the "Doctor's Answer" post.

P.S. - Go to Google and type in "pinched nerve causing testicular pain". Much info. Check out Spondylolisthesis site. Read 6th paragraph.
Tell a Friend | Report
Did you find this post helpful?
replied March 7th, 2012
Hi there
I am also suffering from the same back and testical pain.
and in my case thats because of the disc bulge at L5 S1, pinching the S1 nerve root. resulting in this pain. I am on pills for now. Doctor says hopefully its gonna vanish in about a month or 6 week's time.

Read more: Back Pain Forum - Back Pain Related to Testicular Pain? WWW.WWWW.WW
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 44 hours later
Dear Friend,
What i can get from your writeup you have L5S1 disc but it never causes testicular plain. Also D12 L1 disc can cause pain radiating to groin but rarely to testicles. . MRI images you have attached are not enough and not upto the XXXXXX to interpret the details. KIndly send them by email to YYYY@YYYY with sub 'ATTN Dr XXXXXX Saggar' if possible. Gabapentin is good drug for radiculopathy. It helps to control the chronic pain.