Have neck swelling with sore throat. Taking amox-clav. What could be the reason?

ENT Specialist
knot onright side about a half dollar in size about 3inches below right earalso sore throat on the right side am taking AMOX-CLAV 875MG the DRs cant seem to really know what it is can you help me on this i have been taking the med. for about a week now but really cant tell if it has gone down also have eainfection with this
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 53 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. The neck swelling is most likely to be a lymph node.

2. Your treatment is fine, however the dose of Augmentin should be adjusted for liver disease (not necessary in mild liver disease).

3. If the symptoms are better and improving, there is no cause for worry. Get your ears examined.

4. If you feel that the swelling is increasing or not subsiding, get a neck USG done and share the report here.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.