Have neck pain, clogged ears, problem in sleeping, hoarse voice and lost weight. What is it?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
My Neck is paining, ears are clogged, problem in sleeping, hoarseness voice, lost quite some weight, confusions . My problem increased after eating.
My ENT think it is chronic sinus and have given me lots of medicine for that, but I am not sure what's going on. My nose is open and fine. I am able to breath properly.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do you Snore?

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the reports. And my opinion is that you don't seem to have a nasal problem.

I want to know if you have symptoms of hyperacidity or heart burns? And do you Snore when you sleep? Do you have day time sleepiness?

I would like to give you my comments after hearing from you.

Follow-up: Have neck pain, clogged ears, problem in sleeping, hoarse voice and lost weight. What is it? 10 hours later
I don't have acidity or heart burns. I don't snore either. I do have day time sleepiness and feel tired. Also lot of ringing in my ear.

I also got blood tested for thyroid. Here are the results:
Thyroxine: 10.8, T3 Uptake: 36, Free Thyroxine index: 3.9, TSH: 0.454

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment for reflux

Detailed Answer:
You might have silent reflux as all your complaints point towards it. Take medicines for reflux and acidity (mainly reflux ) for 15 days you will surely be benefited . Take precautions--
Keep head end of bed elevated.
Avoid alcohol, Smoking
Do brisk walking daily
Go for walk after dinner
Avoid spicy food     
Avoid late night coffee

Follow-up: Have neck pain, clogged ears, problem in sleeping, hoarse voice and lost weight. What is it? 19 hours later
I will definitely follow on the advice.. Currently I can hear lot of ringing in my ear and feel the fluid in it. It is also creating vertigo effect.
Lot of neck stiffness and sleeplessness.
Can I use Happi-D, if yes, in what dosage..? My doctor told me if I want I can take zantac 150 gm.. Kindly suggest..
Also one more addition, I feel pressure on chest after eating and burping is happening a lot. And quite relieved with empty stomach.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
take medicines

Detailed Answer:
Earlier you said you have no acidity and heart burn .
Anyway you can take the medicine two times a day ,half an hour before meals.
Secondly for ear ringing you need to take antihistaminics and decongestants.
As i said earlier take care of your stomach.Do follow the precautions and advice said before.Eat every 2 hrly avoid binge eating,drink cold milk.

Follow-up: Have neck pain, clogged ears, problem in sleeping, hoarse voice and lost weight. What is it? 34 hours later
I am following your advice (walking after eating and exercising) and it does seems to help..I am feeling lot better since past two days. But I do have lots of gas formation and I think that's what is causing pain in shoulder and neck, which gets relieved when I burp. I talked to my physician about the advice, but he doesn't think same and thinking I am too anxious which is causing me these pains and asking me to take anxiety medicines, which I don't think is right.
I think you have understood my situation and problem totally right.

The pain happens generally on the right side of shoulder and neck. I fear if these are stones, since I do had kidney stone once (4 yr back), although I am not having trouble peeing or anything.
One point I forgot to mention, the pain is like a pinching pain as if there is something inside neck or shoulder, which gets better or move when I press that location.
I am sorry.. Asking too many things..
What kind of doctor would you recommend.. Since I don't trust general practitioner any more..?
Kindly advice.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antireflux and antacids

Detailed Answer:

Its good that your are getting relief.

You can take advice from Gastroenterologist like those who have done MD(medicine ) and DM (Gastroenterology).

And take antireflux medicines(Domperidone) with Proton pump inhibitors(Pantoprazole or Omeprazole,or Esmoprazole etc).

I do not know where do you stay but you must take care of water that you drink and eat clean vegetables.As yo are having so much of gas even after taking Happi D , there are chances of Amoebiasis (Infection by Amoeba). You must drink pure RO treated water and avoid leafy vegetables for some time.

You can discuss with your doctor and take a course of Ciprofloxacin with Tinidazole combination tablet.
Get well soon

Follow-up: Have neck pain, clogged ears, problem in sleeping, hoarse voice and lost weight. What is it? 1 hour later
Thanks.
I will definitely follow-up with a Gastroenterologist.

Also gas situation was very much better today (probably Happi D) is working. Only thing I am now left with pinching pain in neck, shoulder (which is bearable and only occurs when I sit) and crackling sound in ear (though no pain). It was the most comfortable day after very long time.

These are the medicine I am currently taking:
- Augmentin
- XXXXXXX 350 for pain (which is as needed, so I think I can stop it now)
- Happi -D
- Zantac 150 mg
- Nasonex

I am not sure about Amoebiasis, because I don't have watery stool (nor bloody).

Again thanks a lot Dr. XXXXXXX for understanding my problem, unlike other doctors who was trying to sell me anti-depressant etc., when I described my problem to them.

Brief Answer:
Continue same medicine

Detailed Answer:
Thank you and I am happy to hear your are recovering .
You can take a Antihistaminic and decongestant to treat your ear problem and it will take a week or so for the ear problem to resolve.

Augmentin is A good medicine but do take a multivitamin with it and take fresh curd so that the stomach stays healthy.
Best Wishes