Have neck muscle fatigue, blurred vision, dry red skin around eye, nose and forehead. Treatment?

Question
Bloodshot eyes blurred vision pressure behind eyes sore neck muscle fatigue and dry red skin around eyes nose and forehead
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I would like to know some more details which help to understand better and advice specifically.

Since how long are you suffering from all these problems?
Is there any associated fever?
Is there any associated discharge from the eyes or itching?
Are there any other complaints?

Diagnosis in such a scenario depends on other associated complaints and examination findings. For example if the red eyes are associated with discharge then I would think in lines of conjunctivitis. Sometimes such problems may occur because of excessive stress like sitting in front of a computer for long hours. Of course the dry red skin around the eyes, nose and forehead cannot be explained by these. Some of the emergencies of the eye may present with severe pain and redness of the eye.

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Have neck muscle fatigue, blurred vision, dry red skin around eye, nose and forehead. Treatment? 6 hours later
No discharge from eyes other symptoms are dry skin on body muscle pain around neck and rest of body and burning mouth

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 32 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Such presentations are seen in viral infections. Do you have any fever?

Is there any body in the family or contacts having similar complaints? (normally viral infections occur in contacts also)

But blurring of vision cannot be explained by this. I request you to consult a opthalmologist/ doctor for further physical examination.

Follow-up: Have neck muscle fatigue, blurred vision, dry red skin around eye, nose and forehead. Treatment? 15 minutes later
Symptoms now for a couple of weeks it's the neck pain pressure behind the eyes that's the worst symptoms nobody else in house has symptoms

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 3 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

Since these symptoms are associated with blurring of vision and persisting for 2 weeks I suggest you to not to neglect it.
Conditions like Glaucoma and Uveitis may present with such complaints. Your ophthalmologist after examination will order necessary investigations to arrive at a diagnosis.

Hope this helps.