Have nausea during pregnancy. Suggest?

Mar 2016

I hope I don't spell it incorrectly, but I have nausea of Pregnancy
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nausea Is Common. Follow the Suggestive Measures.

Detailed Answer:

From your given history, I can assume that you have confirmed your pregnancy status with relevant tests.

Nausea and vomiting are quite common in early week of pregnancy. It occurs due to high level of beta-HCG in the body. It is also called morning sickness. It will generally subside after 12-14 weeks.

TREATMENT: 1) You need to avoid bitter or bad smell food stuffs including fatty, fried ones and take dry foods like puffed rice, ginger biscuits, dry fruits etc. Eat easy digestible foods with 4-6 small meals.

2) Mental stress or emotional upset should be avoided through meditation or breathing exercise regularly for 15 to 30 min.

3) You would drink more water or juice like lemon/ grape etc to stay hydrated properly and take adequate rest with complete relaxation.

4) You can take combination of doxylamine, pyridoxine and folic acid supplements at bed time to eliminate nausea.

Kindly, procure a complete prescription with doses from your doctor and do periodic checkup.

Hope, it helps for you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health. Good luck.

Dr Soumen