Have nausea and sharp pain in right abdomen. What is the treatment?

Female 38. Been nauseous for about a week in waves throughout the day. But still have appetite. Yesterday had about four sharp pains in lower right abdomen just inside hip that caused me to double over. All day no more sharp pains but dull ache with a twinge of slight pain every now and then. No fever. Today still nauseous and dull ache but not as bad as yesterday. Period was two weeks ago.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Many differentials Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query There are many differentials for pain in the right iliac fossa ( lower right abdomen) and the most common of it being appendicitis but in appendicitis the pain tends to radiate to the umbilicus. The other differentialsfor pain in the right iliac fossa associated with nausea is ovarian torsion, it is typically sharp shooting type and severe in intensity. Uteric colic can also be the cause for pain in the right iliac fossa and it can be associated with nausea. Here is what I suggest 1. Tab Butyscopalamine is a wonderful drug in such pains, you can take it twice daily for 3 days 2. Please approach a physician for the pain, an ultra sound abdomen and pelvis is definitely needed to rule out the differentials, please do not delay it further hoping for the pain to reduce 3. The other tests to be done are Urine routine and complete blood count. I hope I was of help to you, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you a speedy recovery Regards