Have narcolepsy and chronic fatigue syndrome. What medicine should I use?

I was diagnosed with Narcalopsy in 2005 and Chronic fatigue Syndrome and have the documents in han of the official diagnoses. I am currentlyon Disability for Chronic fatigue and and not taking any medication for the Fatique and Narcalepsy and need to see a doctor tomorrow who can prescribe what I used to take for Narcalepsy -250 mg (I think) _Provigil or Modafimil. I am on Medicad Would you be able to see me and my medical records which I will bring with me for your documentation and be able to Rx one of those scripts for me tomorrow? What time do you have a appointment opening I was about to scan the medical dis=gnosis to you , the records... Wheres the iotion to uplaid a scna now? XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The treatment od Narcolepsy is with modafinil(PROVIGIL) or methylphenidate which increase the awakeness in these patients and they are prescription drug and need close monitoring for response and dose adjustment.
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a nonspecific general fatigue complex and is mainly treated with antidepressants, opiod pain killer, paracetamol and a supplement of multivitamins.
You need to approch a local physician in your locality in person, on this website prescriptions are not allowed so can not be witten.
A neurologist/physician would be an appropriate specialist for you.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Have narcolepsy and chronic fatigue syndrome. What medicine should I use? 4 days later
Thank You! I also have Adult Attention Deficiet Disorder and already take The maximum legal dose of either Adderall, Vyvansse, or Ritalin. I am still falling asleep even while driving. I have been taking 90 mgs of Adderall for about 13 years now Rx's by my Psychiatrisy who is aware I have Narcolepsy. She said she isn't legally allowed in XXXXXXX to give me my A.D.D. med plus Provigil for the Narcolepsy. She said I have to pick one or the other. Would a Neurologist have more prescribing privilages than a Psychiatrist, in order that I may take my Adderall or Vyvanse 70 mgs or Ritalin 90 mgs per day plus Provigal in addition for treating my second delimma...Narcalepsy?
Thanks So Much! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back.
You should see a neurologist in any case.
There is a possibility of yourself having Epilepsy apart/in addition to the narcolepsy. He would be in a better position to decide about the appropriateness of drugs for you.
Taking Modafinil in addition to ADD drugs increases chances fo seizures so neurologist should be consulted prior to deciding on this.
Please refrain from driving till you get a nod from your doctor for this because currently you can lead to harm to self or others through driving due to accidents risk.
I hope you will get well soon.