Have nail pettla sydrome. What surgery should be done for cuticles reconstructed for nail growth?

Question
I have Nail Pettla Sydrome (NPS). As you know i effects the nails and the way they grow which makes me very insecure about myself. I was hoping you would know of a procedure that can be done or have some kind of surgery on my fingers to have the cuticles reconstructed for nail growth. It would be life changing.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later
Hello

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Nail patella syndrome causes disfigurement of nail. The treatment or the improvement depends on the extent of involvement of nails. Custom made prosthetic can be tried. Artificial nail can also be tried.

The best advice i can give you is to see dermatologist for examination and then based on the examination either he can advice some artificial nails or surgery.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Have nail pettla sydrome. What surgery should be done for cuticles reconstructed for nail growth? 4 hours later
Any certain Dermatologist you can reffer me to that live in san XXXXXXX TX.?

Hello
Good to hear from you.

I am extremely sorry. I don't have any knowledge about the doctors in your place. It will better if you visit local dermatologist he will refer you right person near your place.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.