Have nabothian cysts. Getting neck pains, sinus infections and blurred vision. What's wrong?

Pathologist and Microbiologist

I am suffering from neck pains, muscle stiffness, sinus infections and blurring of vision immediately after a heavy menstrual flow and severe wry neck. I also have nabothian cysts. the pain at the base of the neck and shoulders seem to increase with tightening of the sinuses and headaches. What could be the problem? My eyesight has deceased in a short span of six months.
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Health Care Magic

Nabothian cysts are harmless, benign cysts formed in the cervix. These cysts do not cause any discomfort or do not signify any serious pathology. So, don't worry about them.

Neck pain, muscle stiffness, sinus infection and blurring vision may be all related or may be separate processes. For sinus infection, you should visit your ENT specialist for examination, investigations and a course of antibiotics.

Blurring of vision over past 6 months can be due to diminishing vision. In order to focus clearly, ocular muscles (eye muscles) try to accommodate which leads to spasm and fatigue of these muscles as well as surrounding muscles of scalp and neck.
This can cause associated head ache and neck pain.
So, visit an ophthalmologist to exclude any errors in refraction or within the eye.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal