Have muscle weakness in thigh area, specially in morning. Had heart attack. Taking crestor. What to do?

I have leg muscle weakness in the thigh areas, which is bad in the morning and gets better as the day goes on. The weakness in my ENTIRE thigh area
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

In my view the muscle weakness may be related to the drug.

Rosuvastatin(Crestor) well documented side effect are unexplained muscle pain, tenderness and weakness. This is medically called as Myositis.

I suggest you to discuss with your prescribing doctor about the symptoms. He may advise you to stop / change the medications.

Hope this answer helps you. Pleased to answer other queries.