Have muscle tear between the rotating cuffs in shoulder. Is there any natural cure? Safe medication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
well i have a muscle tear in between the rotating cuffs in my shoulder. just would like to know what type of medicine or like vitamins will help to speeding up the process of the healing. or is there a natural way were you know this can help to speed up the healing process.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Amit Agarwal 12 hours later

Rotator cuff tear can be partial or complete tear. You need to get an MRI scan of the affected shoulder first to determine the same.

If it is a partial tear then it will heal within 3 weeks with proper immobilisation, physiotherapy and NSAID medications. However if the MRI reveals a complete tear then you may have to undergo an "Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery".

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr.Amit Agarwal.
Follow-up: Have muscle tear between the rotating cuffs in shoulder. Is there any natural cure? Safe medication? 2 days later
well ok. i will look out for a near by hosiptal in regards to it and will get the MRI done if possible. as the doctor whom i visited he said that its just a minor tear i guess not a major thing.
Answered by Dr. Amit Agarwal 2 days later

MRI scan is the best test to know if the tear is partial or complete.

If tear is partial rest and immobilization together with anti-inflammatory drugs and physiotherapy will heal the injury. There is no robust evidence that vitamins and natural measures fasten the recovery process. You can however take vitamin C supplements for its antioxidant roles.