Have multiple unexplained bruise on legs and arms. Easy way to get cure?

General Surgeon
My 24 year old granddaughter is having multiple unexplained bruises - legs and arms. She is wondering what is the cause but does not want to go to the doctor. She feels fine, works everyday in retail- what advice might I give her.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 54 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such unexplained bruises which does appear without any trauma can be a sign of blood clotting problem. You should imagine that such bruises can appear always in the places where there are not visible (like abdomen or head for example). That is why is is always worth to check it to rule out any hematologic diseases.
It is advisable for your granddaughter to have full blood work, coagulation times (APTT,INR), liver tests checked and visit hematologist.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.