Have multiple small nodes in groin with no periaortic or pelvic lymphadenopathy identified. Meaning?

General Surgeon
Multiple small nodes in the right and left groin with no periaortic or pelvic lymphadenopathy identified. I can't seem to get answer from my doctor and I am still in pain even though radiologist report says my findings are benign. frustrated and not crazy.
I am not sure how to upload the images of the CT scan. If you would like I will need to figure out how to send.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Groin lymphnodes are not enlarged in ovary disease

Detailed Answer:

Thankyou for posting in XXXXXXX

The report will be given by a qualified radiologist after thorough examination of the CT films. So, we have to believe it.

Groin lymph nodes are involved when there is an infection of the lower limbs, vulva. Hysterectomy is done, the ovary that is present is small and does not indicate malignancy. The ovaries do not drain into groin lymph nodes. So, do not worry.

If you are troubled by it you might get one lymph node removed and send it for histopathological examination(biopsy). This will confirm the cause for their enlargement. (you can do that once your doctor is back and you still have such swelling).

Till then, I would suggest an antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine as I prescribe the same to my patients. (You need to talk to your treating doctor for a prescription though)

If you want to send the CT films, you can take digital photos of the films using your mobile phone camera or an ordinary camera or you can even scan them and then transfer them to your computer and use the upload reports button which you can see on the right hand side of this discussion and upload them.

Hope I answered your query.

If you have any more questions, i will clarify further.

Wish you good health