Have multiple lipomas. Treatment?

Hi Sirs,
I have multiple lipomas on my body, more on my hand looks very bad when i wear T shirts.
Kinldy suggest how can i overcome.
Refer the treatment / places in bangalore to take it out.
Awaiting for your reply please.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. One of the reasons for having multiple lipomas on the body is multiple lipomatosis which is a hereditary syndrome and causes multiple lipomas all over the body. Treatment can include simple excision, endoscopic removal, or liposuction and it depends on the size, number and location of lipomas.

Simple excision is usually done for superficial lipomas and is done under anesthesia by giving and excision and removing the contents of the lipoma. Then these contents are sent for histopathological examination.

Liposuction has more recurrence rate but in surgical incisional removal, since it is removed completely, including the capsule, the recurrence rate is less.
Depending on the hospital setup you are getting these lipomas removed, cost varies but may run in thousands. You can confirm the rates from different good hospitals in your area and compare the facilities provided.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.