Ask a Urologist   »  

Have multiple kidney stones in left kidney and some in right. Passed stone and had blood poisoning. Suggest?

Jul 2016

My 38 year old daughter has 100's of kidney stones in her left kidney and a c-scan today showed them forming also in the right kidey. they found a 11/2 kidney in her left kidey. she has passes an 8centimeter stone and got blood poisoning from it. If there is anybody out there who can help her!!!! She has no insurance.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your 38 years old daughter has multiple stones in her left kidney and few stoned in her Tr .Kidney as well.

Please get following basic test done.
1) Routine Urine and culture.
2) Intra Venous Pyelography to asses kidney function.and to study anatomy of the
Pelvi Calyceal system of the kidney which helps in surgical procedure.
3) Renal function test.
4) Serum Calcium

She has to undergo a surgical procedure what is called as Per Cutaneous Nephro Lithotomy
(PCNL) to remove the stones from her left kidney.

Please consult qualified Urologist for evaluation and further treatment

Though you have no insurance you have to manage funds from some charitable organizations and get her operated at earliest to prevent damage to her kidneys.

Stones removed during surgery can be sent for analysis to take dietary measures to prevent recurrence of stone formation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you