Have multiple joint pains, ankle, lateral knee and hip pain. Suspected slip disc. Prescribed arcoxia. Stomach upset. Suggest?

I have had multiple joint pains, ankle, lateral knee and sometimes hip pain for the pass 3 weeks.
Was initially prescribed prednisolone 20mg for 10 days by a GP, however, I decided to go see a ortophedic. Did x-rays and blood test as suspected slip disc or RA. X-rays showed no damage, and RA factors (8.3) and Uric acid (0.33) levels were normal. XXXXXXX screening came back negative and C-reative were <1.
Ortophedic said to stop the prednisolone and he prescribed me arcoxia 90mg for 10 days. If does not work, I will be refered to a RA doctor.
Nevertheless, after 3 days, I had a very bad tummy upset and my ankle began to swell. So I reverted back to prednisolone. The prednisolone reduced the swelling and pain disappears. I tried to stop it for a day but the pain came back.

I am 30 years old, 78kgs, 175cm and pretty active at sports however I have not been active for the past 10 days due to this condition.

Appreciate what you might think this is due to.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that 10 days is a very short history for diagnosing arthritis . Since all your tests have come up normal . I would advise you to go for Anti CCP testing to look for any evidence of Rheumatoid arthritis .

Some times seronegative spondyloarthropathy may present like this so HLAB27 test is recommended .

If you have a history of any recent URTI , gastrointestinal infection , urine infection then it could be a manifestation of reactive arthritis .

I would also advise you to get your calcium and vitamin D levels done because there deficiency may lead to aches and pains in whole body.

Dr. Shruti