Have multiple cyst in ovaries. How long should I continue krimpson35 and glyciphase?

Hello, I am 28 and my weight is 65kg and height is 5'4", I am taking krimpson35 and glyciphase tablets since twenty days after I detected mul tipple cysts in my ovaries...I want to know that when I stop using the tablet krimpson 35 after last dose then should I also stop glyciphase or shoul I continue that....I am also going to gym for weight loss fro last six months but I have no effect on weight...will these tablets also helps in loosing weight.thanks
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 6 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question today.

Based on your height and weight, your BMI, or body mass index is about 25. This is actually at the high end of normal, but not bad. From what you are describing, there is possible concern about PCOS, or polycystic ovarian syndrome.

PCOS is a syndrome that usually occurs in patients who are overweight, pre-diabetic, and they usually have problems related to irregular cycles, infertility, and male-pattern hair growth.

With regard to the medications, krimpson-35 is similar to standard birth control pills, but also has the added benefit of an "anti-androgen" effect which might help with coarse, male-pattern hair growth. It also will help with regulation of your cycles.

The glycophage is a diabetes medication. Sometimes, in women with PCOS, there is insulin resistance (a pre-diabetic state) that can be improved with the addition of this medication.

While you are undergoing attempts to improve your health and lose weight, you should stay on these medications. Your doctor should have explained this to you. The Krimpson-35 is taken like any other birth control pill, with monthly breaks for a period, and the glycophage is taken daily.

In answer to your other question, the best way to lose weight is to watch your calories and exercise. The diabetes medications might help to some extent, but they should not be relied for the ultimate loss in weight. I might suggest an application for your phone or computer called "Lose It". I have had many patients use this with great success.

I hope this helps. Please tell me if you have additional questions or would like clarification!
Follow-up: Have multiple cyst in ovaries. How long should I continue krimpson35 and glyciphase? 18 hours later
Thanks for your cunsultation, but i am stiil confuesd regarding these medicines.
1-Is there any side effects taking diabetic medicine , when I dont have any diabetic issue, what is the use os having diabetic tablet glyciphase in teatment of POC??
2- Will krimpson 35 will effect on pregnancy later when i plan for this
3-Is Poc is the reason for no weigh loss after six months gyming
4-How long should be on these medication
5- After 21st tablet(last tablet of the strip) how much days it will take for having periods,
6- After 21st tablet till periods, should i take glyciphase or should i take it also after periods
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 11 hours later
1. Most of the side effects of the DM medications are related to stomach upset, diarrhea, etc.. The purpose of the DM meds in PCOS is to get you to ovulate. Once your are pregnant, you would be stopping these medications

2. No, it should not affect your ability to get pregnant, and once you are pregnant, you should not be on this medication. Also, it should not delay your chances of pregnancy once you are off of it.

3. PCOS is more often a side effect of being overweight. Patients can work out extensively, but the real path to weight loss will be a balanced diet with significant cuts in calory intake.

4. You need to be on these medication for as long as your doctor says you should be on them. This goes beyond what I can answer not knowing your history better. I cannot give you advice on how long.

5. It usually comes about 2-3 days after the last active pill

6. The glycophage is usually taken daily regardless of your cycle - questions about if you should stop it or not should be directed to your doctor.

Thank you!