Have multinodular goiter. Facing hair loss, irregular heart rate. Diagnosed with PCOS. Any thoughts?

Several years ago I was diagnosed with a multinodular goiter. I had a fine needle aspiration and it proved to be non cancerous. I have been struggling with significant hair loss, trembling hands, nervousness, an irregular heart rate (caught on a strip), preterm labor with my twins (18w labor began, made it to 26w), irregular periods, anxiety, frequent bowel movements ect. The confusing issue is that I am overweight (5'4 and 256 lbs) and struggling to lose.
My doctor recently diagnosed me with PCOS however I feel confident it's my thyroid. Would you mind explaining your thoughts.

My labs are as follows:

TSH 0.80
T3, Total 184
Free T4 1.2
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Your suspicion may be correct in that hyperthyroid state could cause most of these symptoms you have mentioned, except obesity.

But your TSH is normal, so also T3 and free T4. (please confirm with your local lab range for normality, as normal values and units differ).

PCOS can produce all these symptoms as there is androgenic hormonal excess.

I could be more specific in answer if you can upload all your reports here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / photos to
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

Were sex hormone levels measured?
What were sonography findings?
Do you have hirsutism (excess facial hair) along with scalp hair loss?
Is the neck goiter growing?
What all medicines are you on?

My preliminary impression is that the symptoms are due to androgenic hormone excess from PCOS.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!