Have muffled hearing, vision gets distorted when heard loud voices. Suggested dull ear drum. Guide?

ENT Specialist
I have muffled hearing in left ear and if I here loud noises my vision becomes distorted. When I cover the ear during noises the visual distortion stops. No headaches or pain. Going on for 1.5 years or so. Feels like I need to pop my ear. Doctor says eardrum looks a little dull but then commented the other eardrum looked kind of dull also.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 2 hours later

Do you have vertigo / dizziness in addition to visual distortion??

Based on your description, I think you need further evaluation. The following test are in order:-
1. Pure tone Audiometry (hearing test)
2. Impedance Audiometry (to check for reflexes)(and also why ear drums are dull can be known)
3. Glycerol Test (in this test glycerol is given to drink and then change in hearing is noticed)

Besides these other test such as SISI (Short Increment Sensitivity Index), tone decay, blood pressure check up as well as blood sugar check up are entailed.

The aforementioned test can help us locate the problem and start treatment accordingly. The test can be tailored by a qualified and competent ENT surgeon. Therefore you need to fix an appointment with an ENT surgeon.

Let me know if you need clarifications.