Have mucus in urine. No pain and no fever. Taking antibiotic. What am I suffering from?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
yes I have a large amount of muscus in my urine consistence like a jelly fish urine XXXXXXX color no pain no fever occ small clot
on anitbotics for 3 days Keflex three times a day urine color changes from yellow to XXXXXXX color what am I looking at?
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post and the attached reports, it seems that you are having Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). In addition to bacterial infection, there is also fungal infection present.

I would suggest that you should get following investigations done for better planning of your management:-
1. Urine Culture/Sensitivity test
2. Liver Function Test

The antibiotic can be planned according to the culture/sensitivity report of the urine.
You can take Flucanazole to cure fungal infection.
Drink pure water in sufficient amount to help control the infection.

Also, monitor your diabetes as increase in sugar level results in recurrent urinary tract infections.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.