Have movable knots under elbow and elbow feels sore too. Could this be something serious?

I have a few moveable knots the size of a pea in the area under my elbow. My elbow feels sore too. Could this be something serious
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Omer 58 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you have pea sized knots felt under the albow.

Feels like it could be lipoma , or lymph nodes.

Lipomas are a collection of fat that forms under the fore - arm , elbows and arms .

They are more common in females , especially who are high weight , they can form after a traumatic injury , or are formed automatically , and are totally BENIGN, so nothing to worry about.

They do some times , cause pain due to the proximity of the elbow bone.

Or it could be lymph nodes , mostly lymph nodes get swollen after any hand or arm injury. Not to worry about as this goes away on its own , so nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask any further questions.