Ask a Dentist   »  

Have mouth ulcer and little lumps on both sides. Treated for UTI. Can these ulcers be due to UTI. Suggestion?

mouth ulcer and little lumps on both sides. Just discharged from 3 days in hospital for due to the UTI. Does that seem right to you? I am using Magic Sticks rinse but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? My dentist says I need an oral surgeon to determine if this is cancer. Help!
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later

I would like you to post a picture of the mouth ulcer here so that we can guide you better.
Sometimes prolonged medication causes mouth ulcers which usually subside over time, but in order to be on the safer side it is better to see a specialist(oral surgeon) who can perform a biopsy and check for any abnormal changes if present. You have not mentioned about your oral habits like smoking, lip biting or anything else, I assume you have none.

Mouth ulcers are not always associated with cancer, therefore you need not worry until a specialist examines and makes a diagnosis.

We would love to hear from your side again. kindly post your picture here and feel free to post further questions.

I wish you good health.