Have motion sickness. Had fainting. MRI showed Straightened cervical spine with osteophyte & disc desiccation. Suggest

ENT Specialist
last Friday (26Apr2013) during traveling i had headache & vomiting feeling (motion sickness) due to bus motions. To avoid vomiting I tried to slept on either right or left tilting neck either side. Morning when i reached home had light headache. After tht i took my bike to drop my wife to near by bus stand. When i first kick that time i had fainting issue and told my wife i am fainting little bit. After driving home it turned in to severe headache and i went to sleep. In afternoon i was fine i replied to XXXXXXX even thn suddenly in evening while waking up on bed had first episode of vertigo. Then in night during washing hand i bend my neck had second fainting/spining episode. Then in night while washing had one more fainting/spinning episode. Next day saturday morning when i moved out from my car during doctor visit in my frnt of doctor had one more episode of vertigo. Then again after returning home had one more episode. From saturday (27Apr2013) visited GP, ENT spec, orthopedic surgeon took antivertigo (Vertin16mgs, vertusac) medications, vasodilator (cyclospasmol), multivitamins. MRI showed Straightened cervical spine with osteophyte & also disc desiccation. ENT specialist noted nystagmus negative suspected left ear infection but he was not sure so refer me to orthopedic. Ortho ask me to do some neck movements i didn't had pain so he ruled out cervical involvement. Yesterday night (05May2013) after taking medications with neck collar tried sitting & walking in building premises. Still have that disequilibrium. Today still feeling disequilibrium with sweating through out body. Not understanding what to do
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Thank you for asking XXXXXXX
Answering for vertigo is difficult without examination ,but i will try to help.
You had disequilibrium or rotatory feeling ? what i could make out by history is dysequilibrium.
You had cold or other infection in nose in past few days? you have not mentioned so i take it that you did not have it.
You must get done--
Pure tone Audiometry (hearing test)- this will tell the status of hearing and whether their is some other underlying problem.
Based on the report of Audiometry other tests can be planned.
You may also require MRI brain.
You have to consult an ENT specialist for that.
Get your blood sugars , blood pressure checked.

For present treatment vertin dose can be reduced (DO NOT STOP VERTIN SUDDENLY) and you require--
Antibiotics, a course of oral steroids, cinnarizine ,multivitamins,
you need to drink lots of water.

And also you can start with few exercises like--
1.put your thumb in front of eyes and move the thumb and keep your eyes fixed on the thumb right and left.
2.turn slowly your neck to see on to your right and then to left
3.slowly move neck to look up and look down.

Get well soon.
'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"