Have mosquito like bumps at the base of skull. Painful to touch and flake off dry skin. Have fibromyalgia

I have had three mosquito like bumps at the base of my skull. they are painful touch, and flake off small dry skin. I thought it might be from wearing my hat and sweating, but they wont go away, or come off. They do not have any discharge with them. I have Fibromaylgia, and currently having very strange wide range of symptoms, but this seems unrelated. What is this..serious or not?

Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Psoriasis, folliculitis, photograph

Detailed Answer:
With your description i can think of two things. First is a localised psoriasis, which is mainly characterised by flaking. Second is deep folliculitis which is a recurrent bacterial infection and is painful and often flakes.
I would like to see the lesions to give a better diagnosis. Can you please upload a photograph of the lesion. There is an option to upload photographs on right side of query page. Dont worry, if it is not increasing in size, its not a XXXXXXX thing. You can just relax. Regarding varying symptoms, you must be knowing, fibromyalgia is often associated with varying presentation. The lesion dont appear to be associated with fibromyalgia. Waiting for your response. Thank you.