Have morning congestion, swollen throat feeling after lunch, pain behind eye socket, cheek numbness. Allergy related?

ENT Specialist
Hi....still waking with lots of morning congestion....then after lunch I may get a swollen throat feeling which makes me u think this could be allergy related or is this a hypo throid symptom? Sometimes dull ache behind eye socket and cheek numbness....
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. These symptoms would be consistent with a Chronic Sinusitis and a Post Nasal Drip (PND). Allergy may have a role in this.

2. A PND XXXXXXX worsen any acid reflux and add to the discomfort that you get after meals.

3. Get your nose and throat examined and request your doctor for an anti-allergic decongestant, mucolytic and anti-reflux medication. regular steam inhalation may help. Diet control will be required.

4. If there is no response to treatment after two weeks, get a plain Sinus CT done. You may share the images here.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.