Have moderately enlarged prostate. Is it possible to take chylmida 3 months after contact?

Question
is it possible to have chylmida 3 months after contact?
I have had tests at one week and 2 months
and both were negative
but I have some discomfort at tip. no discharge and no burning while pee ing but some redness at hole
I also have moderately enlarged prostate.

Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not a chlamydia infection

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

The normal incubation period (period between infection and onset of symptoms) of chlamydia is between 1 to 3 weeks, just redness of urethral orifice is not a sign of chlamydia. Hence as the contact history in your case is almost 3 months old and no symptoms like discharge from urethra, no testicular enlargement, painful urination.

You can take a course of Doxycycline antibiotic empirically, for dose and duration kindly consult your physician.

Prostate enlargement could be unrelated to infection, I feel its a separate entity in your case.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have moderately enlarged prostate. Is it possible to take chylmida 3 months after contact? 31 minutes later
I have bit of pain/tingle off and on at tip could this just
be a UTI?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urthritis can be a possibility.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
Yes it could be just simple urethritis (i.e urethral infection), but not Hence I advised you Doxycycline. Kindly get examined by a doctor to know exactly where is the problem, and you may be advised to get urine microscopy.
If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW