Have missed synthroid pill for two weeks, now period is late. HPT negative. Suggest?

Mar 2013
I missed two weeks of my synthroid pill and now my period is late. I took a test yesterday that was negative. Any advice?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
thanks for your query.
Most probably the reason for the delayed period could be fluctuations in the thyroid levels as you missed your medication.
If the pregnancy test is negative, please consult your gynecologist , and you can take medication for withdrawal bleeding.
Anxiety, stress, emotional turbulence, hectic travelling, rapid changes in weight etc. also could cause such symptoms.
Also, missing thyroid medications would cause various other complications, so please have your latest levels checked and start the synthyroid in adequate dose sincerely and religiously.
All the best.