Have missed periods. Blood pregnancy test and ultrasound was negative. Now have faint line on HPT. Suggest?

Hi, I missed two periods and I had two times blood pregnancy test all of them negative and I had a vaginal ultrasound four days ago but it was negative, this morning I had faint line on home pregnancy test. Sill I can be pregnant?
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ali Ismayilov 1 hour later
Hello and Welcome,

With the information you provided, it is nearly impossible that you have pregnancy at this time. Even with some acceptable inaccuracy of urine pregnancy test, ultrasound exam at anytime after 5-6 weeks cannot miss pregnancy.

As an additional information, the best available test for pregnancy is beta-hCG test that is usually performed at physician's office - this test is capable of detecting pregnancy after two weeks of delay of your menstruation.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

A. Ismayilov, MD