Have minor anal gastritis. Cured after taking clarithomycin, amoxycillin, and pantaprazole. Can I reduce the dosage?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I am suffering from minor anal gastritis!!I have been adviced take pantocid hp(clarithomycin 750 mg,amoxycillin 500 mg and pantaprazole 40 mg) for 14 days twice daily.Since i hv recovered almost can the dosage be lowered or reduced???
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

I suppose you mean antral gastritis

Anyway the treatment you have received is for H Pylori, so i would recommend you continue and finish the fourteen day treatment

Hope this helps
Do not hesitate to write back in case of doubt
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Have minor anal gastritis. Cured after taking clarithomycin, amoxycillin, and pantaprazole. Can I reduce the dosage? 4 minutes later
Thanks Sir!!

Yes the treatment is for minor anal gastritis.I would be completing my seven days of course today.Can the dose be continued with clarithomycin and pantaprazole twice daily removing amoxycyllin from the course as it causes too bad taste and might cause rash etc.I dont feel like taking amoxycillin due to its bad metallic taste.Or if you suggest reducing the dosage to half what I am taking now?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 22 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I would say no

With just seven more days to go why do you want to take a chance

You may add a probiotic to avoid side effects of amoxycillin

Hope you understand

Finish the treatment

Hope clear
Get well soon

Follow-up: Have minor anal gastritis. Cured after taking clarithomycin, amoxycillin, and pantaprazole. Can I reduce the dosage? 2 minutes later
Thanks sir!!

Probiotics like???any medicine???Can you tell me any medicine/probiotic to be taken for avoiding side effects of antibiotics.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 13 minutes later
Hi

Add tab sporoloac twice a day

Hope this helps
Get well soon

Follow-up: Have minor anal gastritis. Cured after taking clarithomycin, amoxycillin, and pantaprazole. Can I reduce the dosage? 6 days later
Hi sir,

I have completed the 14 days dosage of pantocid H.P.

Now I have been advised to take Pantocid dp(Pantaprazole-20 mg and Domeridone 10mg) capsule for 1 month(before breakfast) due to existing minor acidity problem.

Is it required to have domperidine also or simply pantaprazole can be taken once.

Just wondering if there are any side effects of this medicine.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 19 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back

This is what we call the step down or maintenance therapy

I would prefer you continue it for around four to six weeks and then take as and when need be

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Have minor anal gastritis. Cured after taking clarithomycin, amoxycillin, and pantaprazole. Can I reduce the dosage? 49 minutes later
Thanks Sir!!

So does this combination have any side effects???

I need to take Pantocid dp(Pantaprazole-20 mg and Domeridone 10mg) capsule for 1 month(before breakfast).

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 37 minutes later
Hi again

Yes your understanding is right

You have to continue both and hopefully has no side effects

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Have minor anal gastritis. Cured after taking clarithomycin, amoxycillin, and pantaprazole. Can I reduce the dosage? 27 hours later
Thanks i would continue wih the pantaprazole + domperidone dosage for a month.
I am still having sporolac thrice a day as a precautionary measure.
Can it be stopped now as antibiotics are over?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Yes it would help you if you continue sporolac once a day with Pantoprazole + Domperidone

DO write back if any clarification is needed

Get well soon

Follow-up: Have minor anal gastritis. Cured after taking clarithomycin, amoxycillin, and pantaprazole. Can I reduce the dosage? 2 hours later
Thanks for your advise.

The only reason I am adviced to take domperidone as I was getting more burps/belching than usual.

So does it really helps in reducing that or even pantaprazole once a day is ok to deal with it.

Just want to cut down the medicine intake.It would be great if pantaprazole serves the purpose.
Let me know your opinion.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Unfortunately No XXXXXXX

Domperidone has its own role and Pantoprazole cannot replace it

Hope this clears your doubts
Get Well Soon