Have mildly polycystic ovaries. Planning for pregnancy. Missing period. HPT negative. Feeling nausea

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
Hi I am 25 Old married . I had irregular & absent periodic problem after marraige . In XXXXXXX 2013 i consulted a gync . she detected me with mildly polycystic ovaries and she prescribed me with XXXXXXX pills I continued pills for 2 months . them after last perioda in march 14 2013 i decided to not to take pills as we decided to have pregnancy . still my periods has not come . Today morning i had done pregnancy test at home it was negative . kindly suggest me he the possible reasons and i am feeling nausea and some times head drills is it possible that i have conceived but tests will take time to show positive result .
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

The possible causes for your delayed periods are:
-Usually at-least three months usage of pills is recommended for treating the poly cystic ovary disease.
So as you stopped the pills after two months, there is possibility that the PCOD is still persisting and might have led to delay in periods.
-Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy.
For more details:http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/05/pregnancy-tests.html
So the possibility of pregnancy also cannot be excluded.

Now the options are:
-Wait for 3 to 4 days and repeat the urine pregnancy test or
-Go for blood test for pregnancy now.

After doing any of the tests if the result becomes positive it is good.
If not you take tablets for withdrawal bleeding. Then you can go for ovulation induction with your doctor's advice.
Then you track your ovulation either by kit of by follicular study and plan unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation.
This will increase the chances of pregnancy.

Meanwhile you start taking folic acid tablets and if needed anti-emetics.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have mildly polycystic ovaries. Planning for pregnancy. Missing period. HPT negative. Feeling nausea 1 hour later
mam thanks for your reply . it will be kind enough if you can suggest names of some follic acid tablets .

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 31 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
You are welcome.
You can choose any one of these brands: Folinext, vitfol, folimax, Fol 5 etc.
Once a day is enough.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have mildly polycystic ovaries. Planning for pregnancy. Missing period. HPT negative. Feeling nausea 17 hours later
Thanks mam ,

I will go for follic acid pills , i just wanted to ask that from last three days I am also experiencing mild pain in my lower back , i feel that it may be because of polycystic ovaries . Is it so then should i consider that this month i have not ovulated .

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later
Sometimes PCOD can cause mild abdominal pain. But most of these mild pains are nonspecific and no need to bother about them.
During ovulation also some amount of pain abdomen can be felt by some women.
So by this pain we cannot confirm or rule out ovulation.
Better to tract the ovulation with kit after getting withdrawal bleeding.