Have mild pain, irritation, fullness, urge for toilet. Treated with Samprax. After using hair oil having same symptoms

Hello sir

This is XXXXX from Bangalore. I have a problem with my stomach for the past two years, I use to get mild pain, iritation, feeling full XXXXXXX some times I get the urge to go to toilet, Every time I get different symptoms. I then had an abdominal scan and they said all are of normal dimensions. And the doctor prescribed me a tablet named samprax L 40mg, all my problems are gone for almost 4 months & now I have used an oil to my head for hair fall control and with this my abdominal problems came back again, can you please tell me what kind of problem I am facing? and what should I do now?

Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....You require investigations to find the cause,although your symptoms suggest that it could be either chronic amoebic colitis or IBS ),since you are young and your abdominal scan is normal.

Detailed answer.

IBS and chronic amoebic colitis is characterised by chronic mild abdominal pain,discomfort,alteration of bowel habits,bloating etc.

IBS has no diagnostic test and is diagnosed by exclusion of other problems.

What you require is a consultation with a gastroenterologist for proper investigations likeĀ 

Stool examination with stool culture
Blood test for coeliac disease and anemia
Colonoscopy along with a biopsy.
Once a diagnosis is made,a proper treatment can be instituted.

Till you consult a gastroenterologist,do the following....

Stop eating outside food
Take care of your drinking water
Stop taking foods and drinks that stimulate intestines like coffee,tea,colas,alcohol etc.
Avoid spicy foods
Do regular exercises
Do regular yoga and meditation

Use of oil on your head has no connection with resurgence of your abdominal symptoms and it is purely a co incidental happening.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have mild pain, irritation, fullness, urge for toilet. Treated with Samprax. After using hair oil having same symptoms 34 hours later
Hello sir

Thanks allot for your answers, it was very informative I will make sure that what you have suggested will be met. I travel every week end to my native so for 2 nights of the week I sleep in train and thats not a proper sleep. And I dont have adequate sleep on week days aswell. I've hered the body gets heated up without proper sleep. Do you think this might also be a reason for my problem.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Lack of sleep definitely puts lot of pressure on your system.
A regular and continuous travel would not only mean less and inadequate sleep but also lack of physical activity and eating unhygienic and oily food.
All these things contribute to more acid and gas production.