Have mild hypothroidism treated with synthroid. Got hit on throat. Will this cause worsening of hypothyroidism?

I have mild hypothroidism treated with synthroid.
Today, my toddler accidentally hit me in the throat right in the thyroid.
It wasn't a severe punch, but she did hit me right in this area and it hurt for a while after (still feels a bit sore and "weird" over two hours later).
My question is, will this punch cause long-term thyroid damage or worsening of hypothroidism?

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 37 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
Punch in the area of thyroid by toddler will not affect secretary function of thyroid. So neither it will cause long term thyroid damage nor worsening of hypothyroidism.

Feeling sore/weird feeling could be just because you were punched at the area of throat. It is normal feeling.

Still for your satisfaction, you can get thyroid function tests done after 1 month to know if hypothyroidism control is proper with Synthroid treatment or not, after punch on thyroid area.

No need to worry.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.