Have mild headache, take aspirin. Cause and treatment?

Dec 2012

i have a mild headache all the time. i dont know why? i take aspirin but sometimes that's not enough
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you are suffering from primary headache

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting,

The most common types of primary headache (as you may have) is migraine, tension headache, cluster headache, hemicrania continua etc. Chronic daily headaches must occur 15 days or more a month, for at least three months. And to be considered true (primary) chronic daily headaches, they must also not be the result of another condition. The other main type of headache is secondary i.e to an underlying cause such as infection, intracranial process, eye disorder, ENT disorder, stress etc.
In my clinic, I usually make sure I rule out secondary causes of headache before considering primary headache. Usually run some tests to rule out infections and incranial processes (doing brain CT, EEG etc) and if these come out negative, I can then draw conclusion of a primary type headache then try to determine the specific type as mentioned above. This so, so I can provide an appropriate medication to get rid of the headache. Some might require long term treatment with analgesics or other antimigraine medications.
I suggest, you see a neurologist who can actually give you a proper evaluation and assist you in the best possible way.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah