Have mild fatty liver. Can I take legalon along with essentiale forte?

Can I Take Legalon With Essentaile Forte at the same time?

Knowing that I have a mild fatty liver condition, high level of bad type of cholesterol, weight 95 kg and my height is 1.78 meters..
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Yes, you can take Legalon (Silibinin) and Essentiale Forte (essential phospholipids). Both preparations contain simple ingredients which do not interact with each other or affect each others efficacy.

Both the medications are hepato-protective and do help the liver to recover from minor conditions like fatty liver etc. Do keep your treating doctor aware of the medications you are on so he could revise based on your recovery.

Do reduce consumption of fatty and spicy foods. These are known to worsen the liver damage.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have mild fatty liver. Can I take legalon along with essentiale forte? 22 minutes later
I did not know that spicy foods actually harm the liver! Hence, I thought spices are natuaral, and anti toxics and therefore act as tonics for the liver;i.e. genger, camon, garlic,..etc
So can you please advice of what else can I be guided with to reduce my condition..
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Foods with fats usually contain spices in them.The spices are involved in stimulation of the liver to produce the bile needed for the fat digestion.More work by the liver to digest the fatty food leads to structural damage specially in ones with pre-existing condition.Hence, limiting spices and fatty foods will provide liver some rest and help in recovery.

-Foods XXXXXXX in vegetables, dietary fibers and vitamins are very essential to maintain good liver health.
-Most of the exogenous chemicals consumed are detoxified by the liver. Consuming ample amount of water and avoiding unnecessary medications will prevent excess stress on the liver.
-Do quit smoking or alcohol if habituated to.These harm liver severely.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.