Have mild chest pain near nipples. Feels like muscle ache and hurts when pressed. Suggest?

I am a 35 years old male and I have mild chest pain, it is only on one side near my nipple(small area) actually it feels like muscle ache more than anything. It feels like brewed and hurt when I press and knock on it. Does not feel anything if I don't press on it, feel little bit when I take deep breath. Started yesterday.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

I went through your post with diligence. It looks like a small localised area is aching. When you say, the ache is mild; I hope you are able to do your daily activities without much trouble.

I will not be concerned with such mild, localised ache. This most likely seems to be related to muscle. It should disappear soon in a day or two. You may choose to take over the counter pain killer such as ibuprofen or apply warm compresses to the affected region if the pain is troubling.

Hope you get well soon. Let me know if you need clarifications.