Have mild chest pain. No relief from heartburn medicine. Blood test normal. Worried for angina

HHaving mild chest pain directly in my sternum. comes and goes and isn't severe at all just uncomfortable. tried heartburn meds and didn't help. Went to the er and got checked out with blood work and doc says there is no damage to my heart muscles. its starting to bug me and scare me at the same time to where I get anxiety. I have heard angina is possible but I don't know please help thanks
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

First of all come out of your panic and misbeliefs. Chest pain on exertion is the most important clinical symptom of Anginal chest pain. I don't think you have this clinical symptom. If you still have doubt about your chest pain, consult a cardiologist and get done the stress test. It will reveal clearly whether you have cardiac pain or not.

If you need any further clarifications, get back to me.