Have mild PCOD. Taking lypolysis treatment. Trying to lose weight. Looking for solution

hi doctor
this is XXXXXX. my ht is 151cm and my weight is age 19.
from last 6months im trying for weight loss. im taking lypolysis treatment.
TSH LEVEL-10.2,and iam having mild PCOD. how can i come back my problem sir.
at present im taking Thyronorm 100mg.can u plz suggest me in which way can i loose my weight.
plz sir awaiting for ur response.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query and sharing your concern.

Please do not get dishearten. Weight loss programme is a mission and needs your long term commitment.

You are having hypothyroid for that you need tablets which you are already taking. For PCOD please get in touch with gynecologist who will guide you.

A drug called metformin is used to treat PCOD, which helps in weight loss also. You can consult a endocrinologist who can help with both of this condition.

Apart from this, please do the following which should help.

>Take regular diet, for diet planning take help from a dietician.
>Do regular exercise. At least 45 minutes a day,6 days in a week
>Avoid junk food, cold drinks etc.
>Do not do fast or over eating.

You need to keep patience and keep working for this.

Follow-up: Have mild PCOD. Taking lypolysis treatment. Trying to lose weight. Looking for solution 1 hour later
hi sir
actually i met all the doctors what u suggested.
why my body is not responding to any programme. is weight loss is possible with my body. because frm last 1 year onwards i was on this weightloss programme only.
i consulted no. of doctors. i escaped all the junk foods. iam daily doing 1.30min of zym. i lost the interest. why it is happening like this. is ther is any new treatments to control my weight except surgery.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Please keep patience.

As I have written earlier weight loss is a mission.You need to work regularly and patiently to achieve success.

There are some weight loss medication available in the market.They induce satiety and make your intake less.

Please discuss this with your doctor.As you are sincere in weight loss programme you can try this medications.This are prescription medicines which should be taken as per advise.

When you try to loose weight,your body try to maintain it and does not allow weight loss.This happens with all and that is why majority of patients lost the track and cannot loose weight.

There are no shortcuts to weight loss.You have work hard on regular basis,please follow good diet plan which gives you fever calories and proper nutrition.