Have migraine and get weird smell. are they correlated?

I was told I have migraine of the body can you tell me does it affect smell, I get a smell and no mater what I do it wont leave the nose for can be up to 5 days. Sometimes its curry smell, potting mix, and for last 3 days its like dust.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, Migraine can affect smell Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this difficulty with smells. Migraine can present with an aura of abnormal smells. However, this lasts for a short time and rather serve as warning signs of an eminent migraine attack. It will not last for as many as 5days and migraine itself rarely goes up to 5days. I don't know what you are referring to as migraine of the body. Migraine is a form of headache and I don't know what this is supposed to mean by body migraine. Please, describe what you feel so that we may find out what it is as I have never heard of any migraine of the body. Abnormal smells are more often a problem of what you have in your head rather than what the reality is. We have the ability to re-experience a past scene. Probably, your mindset during these days that you get abnormal smell is deeply buried into such things that you have experienced in the past. It cannot be an organic problem but more about what your thoughts and mindset is. It presents no danger to you. Stop worrying about it and think of something else. It will disappear all by itself and if not, please consider getting a psychiatrist consultation. I hope you find this helpful and addresses your query fully. Thank you for using our services and do feel free to request for more information if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD