Have migraine. Getting premature beats. Taking tenormin, liscinopril and celexa. Safe remedy?

Nov 2013

when I get migraines sometimes (like today) my heart has premature beats. I've eaten a banana, took 500 mg of magnesium. Also pinched my nose and tried to blow out while holding my mouth shut. It didn't help. I'm on tenormin, liscinopril, celexa, and a statin.

Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 38 minutes later

Thank you posting your query.

Occasional premature beats are harmless and do not require any specific treatment.

However, if they are triggered by migraine attack, you may take rizatriptan tablet to abort the migraine attack.

If you get frequent premature beats, Holter monitoring can be done to quantify it. Cardiologist opinion would also be useful.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist